Saturday, October 29, 2016

Come, Lord Jesus!

Come, Lord Jesus

Lately I’ve taken a good look at the world around me and I haven’t liked what I’ve seen. Maybe you’ve noticed it too.  People just seem unhappy and don’t hesitate to take it out on everyone around them. You can almost feel the groaning of the world.  Our country is in disarray, Christians around the world are facing immense persecution, and it won’t be long before the same thing begins happening here in the US.  God’s anger is fierce. We see evidence of what happens when we disobey him over and over in the Bible. In Numbers 32:13-15 we learn the consequence that Israel faced when they angered God. It tells us that his anger was so strong that he made them wander the wilderness for forty years. Verse 14 says: “You have risen in your fathers’ place, a brood of sinful men, to increase still more the fierce anger of the LORD against Israel.”  I don’t think things have changed much. We are still a brood of sinful men!

This old world we live in is full of iniquity. We have even legalized sin and made it an abomination to stand up for what is right.  Now more than ever do I yearn to be in the arms of my Savior!  Some days I crave it. I find myself weeping for the place and people I am with and cry out, “Come, Lord Jesus!” 

Then I stop and think of the loved ones on my salvation list, and suddenly I want God to wait just a little longer to come.  You see, my love for them has outweighed my personal yearning for peace. My Abba Father is still holding me, and I cling to that.


So I say: Come, Lord Jesus...but not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment