Saturday, October 29, 2016

Yes, Lord

Yes, Lord

My youngest son is an amazing young man. He has always been quiet and shy out in public. All of that changed when he entered middle school in sixth grade.

Several weeks into the school year, David came to me and asked why we didn’t have a Fellowship of Christian Athletes Chapter at our school. I explained to him that it had to be entirely student led and when his brothers had moved on to high school we had lost our student leadership. He thought about this for a little while, and a few days later he came back to me. This time he said, “Mama, I want to start FCA back up again. I will be the leader.”

This quiet , unassuming child floored me and left me speechless.  We worked with David for a while on how to create a lesson and found a sponsor for the group because an adult still had to be present.

This child led FCA all three of his middle school years, as a sixth, seventh,and eighth grader.  He has since gone on to preach twice at our church and become very active in the FCA chapter at his high school. He allows God to speak through him which is obvious from the confidence he exhibits in front of a group. In his own strength, David could never do what he has done. God equips the unexpected to do great things for the kingdom. And this is very purposeful. Because God uses those of us we would never expect, God receives ALL of the glory, honor, and praise.

Just like the little shepherd boy he is named after, my David stepped up when he felt God calling. If a child can do that, why can’t we? We offer up a million excuses of why we can’t serve. I’m too tired...I’ll do it next time...They don’t need me…


Folks, God doesn’t need us to accomplish anything. He allows us to work for Him as a blessing to us. Won’t you be a blessing today? Listen for God’s voice and respond, “Yes, Lord! Send me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment